Join Our Team
Avatar Engineering was established in 1999 as a custom electronic design and manufacturing solutions partner. We have over 175 years of product design, engineering, and manufacturing experience. We work with clients to design, engineer, manufacture, test, and support each product from beginning to end with our state-of-the-art technology.
Avatar is a subsidiary of Pivot International, a global single-source design, development, engineering, and manufacturing company headquartered in Lenexa, Kansas. Pivot, along with their companies, provide product development based in the United States and Europe while offering our customers the financial advantages of global tooling, procurement, and manufacturing at their facilities in the US, Europe, and Asia. We offer a unique suite of product design services with the expertise to deliver only the most effective solutions. We have enjoyed explosive growth in recent years and know that our employees are our most valuable resource and continue to be the driving force behind our success. If you don’t see a position that fits you, please email your resume and cover letter to
Location: Avatar Engineering – Shawnee, KS
Responsibilities include assembling electronic components, subassemblies and systems using hand tools, light assembly equipment and lead-free solder stations. Assemblers are expected to follow production work instructions and shop orders to complete product assembly with the highest quality and efficiency.Essential Job Functions:
- Set up and operate appropriate equipment, tools, and fixtures for product assembly
- Soldering of wires and components to printed circuit boards
- Assembly and soldering of wiring harnesses
- Hand assembly of plastic and metal heat sinks and case parts
- Operate and supervise automatic epoxy resin potting machines
- Functional testing of work in progress and completed units
- Packaging of finished goods (box and clamshell)
- Works with production supervisor to ensure product quality by identifying and resolving assembly issues and highlighting continuous improvement opportunities
- Maintain a safe, clean working environment
- Read and apply documented quality system procedures
- Read and understand work instructions and Bills of Material
- Must understand and follow all rules of safety as defined by the employer and required by all applicable regulations
- Other tasks as required
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent certificate
- Must be able to read, write, and perform basic mathematical calculations at a high school level
- Pass a Background and Drug Screening
- Soldering experience
- Manual dexterity for working with small components
- Good eyesight including close and distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to talk, hear, stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time and perform continuous operations
- Flexible to work in other positions on assembly lines as needed (inspection, testing, packaging, etc.)
- Familiar with component polarities and ability to verify solder and component placement on circuit boards
- Must meet production and quality standards as assigned by the supervisor.
- Electronics Manufacturing Environments: 2 years preferred
- Soldering SMT and THT components: 1 year preferred
- Strong attention to detail and consistency
- Positive attitude with ability to function in a team environment
- J-Std-001 Certification
WHY WORK WITH AVATAR ENGINEERING?
We design, engineer, manufacture and support products in the industrial markets. We focus primarily in the agricultural, transportation, industrial and scientific instrument (ISM) markets. This focus means our clients receive the best customer service and most cost-effective custom electronic product design solutions.
Avatar Engineering has been in business since 1999 and has over 175 years of product engineering and manufacturing experience. We understand the harsh industrial and food grade environments and design your custom electronic product to withstand them.