Join Our Team
Avatar Engineering was established in 1999 as a custom electronic design and manufacturing solutions partner. We have over 175 years of product design, engineering, and manufacturing experience. We work with clients to design, engineer, manufacture, test, and support each product from beginning to end with our state-of-the-art technology.
Avatar is a subsidiary of Pivot International, a global single-source design, development, engineering, and manufacturing company headquartered in Lenexa, Kansas. Pivot, along with their companies, provide product development based in the United States and Europe while offering our customers the financial advantages of global tooling, procurement, and manufacturing at their facilities in the US, Europe, and Asia. We offer a unique suite of product design services with the expertise to deliver only the most effective solutions. We have enjoyed explosive growth in recent years and know that our employees are our most valuable resource and continue to be the driving force behind our success.
If you don’t see a position that fits you, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we continue to grow and scale our operations, we have an excellent opportunity for a new Electronic Manufacturing Engineer in our facility located in Shawnee Kansas.
As an Electronic Manufacturing Engineer, you will have responsibilities that include key manufacturing processes such as PCBA (SMT and through-hole), cable and box build assembly. In addition to manufacturing engineering responsibilities, there will be opportunity for some design engineering work (electrical and mechanical). This role requires competencies to drive quality, delivery, and cost improvements in manufacturing. The engineer will partner with the NPI team and customers to develop and transfer new products, designs, and processes into production. The engineer will implement lean principles to improve operating performance and reduce waste as well as support operational goals.
This position reports directly to the Director and communicates frequently with The Production Manager and employees at all levels. This person must be able to interface effectively with managers, office employees, production employees, suppliers, customers, and other individuals inside and outside of the organization.
- Support all aspects of electronic and mechanical assembly, including Surface Mount Technology (SMT), through-hole assembly, convection reflow, hardware installation, cleaning, conformal coating, potting and box build.
- Resolve manufacturing and process issues.
- Develop, qualify, and document assembly steps and manufacturing processes to fit the requirements of all products.
- Review and update incoming Client documentation.
- Work with NPI groups (internal and external) to develop both hardware and electromechanical assemblies, ensuring the designs are reliable, cost effective, and designed for manufacturability and testability.
- Support Supply Chain with analysis of alternate electrical components and commodity management.
- Identify, design, procure, and validate fixtures & tools. Support factory equipment selection process to meet production plans.
- Initiate, take ownership, and complete technical projects leading to new or improved products or processes.
- Perform process capability assessments and establish methods to control process output.
- Develop, verify, and validate products from process development to successful commercialization.
- Train, develop, and/or provide work direction to operators and technicians.
- Research and recommend new technologies to improve reliability, efficiency and contribute to cost reduction.
- Communicate business and technical needs, status, results, and observations to operating, technical and business teams.
- Responsible for process documentation and ensuring it is kept current like Work Instructions, Standard Work documents, PFMEA, and Control Plans.
- Participate in and coordinate 5S initiatives, Lean Manufacturing, Problem-Solving, Kaizen events and other improvement activities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 3-5 years of experience.
- Ability to organize and to prioritize work based on business needs.
- Strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing.
- Able to interpret and create/update electronic schematics, assembly, and fabrication drawings.
- Basic working knowledge of CAD software.
- Basic working knowledge of printed circuit board manufacturing including Gerber files and CAM software.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: Shawnee, KS
WHY WORK WITH AVATAR ENGINEERING?
We design, engineer, manufacture and support products in the industrial markets. We focus primarily in the agricultural, transportation, industrial and scientific instrument (ISM) markets. This focus means our clients receive the best customer service and most cost-effective custom electronic product design solutions.
Avatar Engineering has been in business since 1999 and has over 175 years of product engineering and manufacturing experience. We understand the harsh industrial and food grade environments and design your custom electronic product to withstand them.