2. Information that you give to Avatar Engineering or our parent company, Pivot International
3. Information we collect about you
4. How we use your information
5. Information we receive from other sources
6. Information we share and disclose
7. Where we store and transfer your personal data
8. Your rights
10. Fair Information Practices
11. CAN-SPAM Act
12. Contact Us
2. INFORMATION YOU SHARE WITH AVATAR ENGINEERING
We require certain information to provide our Services to you. For example, when you provide your email address to receive electronic communications from our company. When you choose to share any of the information listed below, we collect and use it to operate our Services.
2.1 Basic Account Information You might give us information about yourself by filling in forms on our Services or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information provided when you:
- Use our website
- Subscribe to our Services
- Download educational content
- Search for a product or service
- Participate in discussion forums
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey
- Submit a message through our website contact form
- Post comments and questions on our blog
None of the information you provide is shared publicly.
2.2 Contact Information and Mailing Lists We use your personal contact information, such as your IP address or email to keep our Services secure, and to help prevent spam, fraud, and abuse. We also use contact information to send you information about our Services. If you provide us with your phone number, you agree to receive calls to that number to discuss matters that impact your usage of our Services. You may unsubscribe from an email notification by following the instructions contained within the email. If you email us, we will keep the content of your message, your email address, and your contact information to respond to your request.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
3.1 Location Information With regard to each of your visits to our Services, we may automatically collect information about your login and current location, which we get from signals such as your IP address or device settings, to provide our services to you.
3.2 Links and Product Usage In order to operate our services, we keep track of how you interact with links across our Services. This includes links in emails we send you as well as actions you take when using different features within the products we offer.
3.3 Photos When you post comments and questions on our blog, we may collect and store the link to your Avatar. We use this data in order to communicate our Services to you.
3.4.1 Information you give to us We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- to ensure that content from our Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
3.4.2 Information we collect about you We will use this information:
- to administer our Services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Services to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Services about product features that may interest you or them.
3.4.3 Information we receive from other sources We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above, depending on the types of information we receive.
3.5 Private Messages When you contact us using the form on our website, we may collect and store your personal messages.
3.6 Log Data We receive information when you view content on our website or interact with our Services. For example, when you visit our websites or interact with our email notifications, we may collect information about you. This log data stored includes information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, device information (including device and application IDs), and cookie information. We use this data to operate our Services and ensure their secure, reliable, and robust performance. For example, we use log data to protect website security, improve the quality of our user experience, and to determine which features are being used most on our Services. With regard to each of your visits to our Services we may automatically collect the following log data:
- (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet
- Login information
- Browser type and version
- Time zone setting
- Browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
Information about your visit:
- Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time)
- Products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages
- Page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page
- Any phone number used to call our customer service number
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Avatar Engineering takes information security very seriously and uses every reasonable administrative, technical, physical and managerial measure to protect your data from unauthorized access. Any personal information you provide is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, any/all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer Technology (an industry-standard data transmission protocol). We may provide access to specific information about our website visitors when legally required to do so, to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website, to limit our legal liability, and to protect our rights or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, the public, or our business. We use all of the information we have to help us provide and support our Services in the following ways:
4.1. Provide, improve and develop Services We are able to deliver our Services, support your usage of our products and introduce improvements by using this information to understand how you use and interact with our Services. When we have location information, we use it to tailor our Services for you and others, like automatically detecting your location in order to support your ability to schedule messages in your own time zone. We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new products or features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
4.2. Communicate with you We use your information to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Services and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
5. INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may receive information about you if you use any of the Services we provide. We inform you when we collect any data that it may be shared internally and combined with other data collected on our Services. Our usage of Google data is limited to the following use cases: Accessing and storing daily/weekly/monthly/annual analytics reports. Should we choose to integrate our Services with third-party systems in the future (like social media channels, for example), you will be able informed of the data that will be collected by our Services and will need to give consent to have Pivot International receive and process your personal data from these platforms on your behalf. We work closely with other third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. The information we receive is used to enhance your experience with our Services.
6. INFORMATION WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE
We do not sell or trade your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Services, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential and are compliant with GDPR. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
7. WHERE WE STORE AND TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information on the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Services, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, rectify, port and erase your personal data.
8.1 Accessing or Rectifying Your Personal Data We provide you with the option to access and delete any personal data you provided to us and associated with your account.
8.2 Deletion We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our Services. If you require immediate deletion of your information, please contact us using the contact form on our website and allow up to 3 business days for us to process your request. We will delete any/all content you’ve created within the scope of our services, including comments and questions posted on our blog. Once deleted, this information cannot be retrieved. We will also delete any personally identifiable information stored in any third-party applications we use.
8.3 Object, Restrict, or Withdraw Consent You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You may opt out of marketing communications sent to you by opening any email we have sent you and clicking on the Unsubscribe link in the footer.
8.4 Additional Information or Assistance Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to other websites.
9. COPPA (CHILDREN ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not knowingly solicit data from or specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
10. FAIR INFORMATION PRACTICES
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information. In accordance with Fair Information Practices, you will be notified via email within 7 business days should a data breach occur. We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
11. CAN-SPAM ACT
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. We collect your email address in order to send information and respond to inquiries. To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- we agree to never use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- we agree to identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- we agree to include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- we agree to monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- we agree to honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- we agree to allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future messages, you can follow the instructions provided at the bottom of each email.
12. CONTACT US
23875 West 83rd Terrace
Shawnee, Kansas 66227
Phone: (913) 897-6757
WHY WORK WITH AVATAR ENGINEERING?
We design, engineer, manufacture and support products in the industrial markets. We focus primarily in the agricultural, transportation, industrial and scientific instrument (ISM) markets. This focus means our clients receive the best customer service and most cost-effective custom electronic product design solutions.
Avatar Engineering has been in business since 1999 and has over 175 years of product engineering and manufacturing experience. We understand the harsh industrial and food grade environments and design your custom electronic product to withstand them.